This social media examier has produced its ‘2012 Social Media Marketing Industry Report‘ and has included some good statistical information from over 3800 marketers, revealing where their focus lies within social media activities, and what works and what does not!
Here are some highlights from the report:
- 93% of B2B marketers, who did the survey use social media to market their business, while 95.2% of B2C marketers use social media to market their business
- Marketers from B2B brands are more likely to have 3 or more years of experience than their B2C counterparts
- Over 56% of B2B marketers acquired new business partnerships through social media compared to 45% of B2C marketers
- Nearly 60% of B2B marketers saw improved search engine rankings from their social efforts compared to 50% of B2C marketers
- There are still areas for improvement, as B2B marketers fall behind B2C efforts in developing a loyal fan base, 53% vs 63%.